Saturday 4 October 2014

Peace


I was lucky enough to get my hands on the two new Peace records, fully signed by the band.

If the first two singles, including B-sides 'Flirting USA' and 'Fur'  are standard setters for the new album I'm very much looking forward to hearing it. Sadly however, unlike previous singles the records weren't released onto picture discs. Shame.

Money and Lost On Me were able to be listened to just before their May/June tour this year so fans were able to hear them showcased there. Festival goers (including myself) had the chance to hear magnificent live performances since Peace officially put them out there.

Both singles portray the groovy vibe that Peace always give off but include a feeling of maturity that has been developed since the days of their In Love LP was released. Admittedly, I wasn't massively keen on Lost On Me at first but ordered it almost instantly as I knew I'd fall in love with it. Obviously I did. Money though was an instant hit and I've found myself singing it (badly and loudly) in the shower most of the time.

The fact that these records are signed makes me very happy. Very nice of the guys at Peace to do this.
Hopefully they'll do this with the new album too.

No comments:

Post a Comment