Monday 2 February 2015

Reading and Leeds Second Announcement

Mumford and Sons join Metallica as festival headliners


Tonight has seen 11 more acts announced for Reading and Leeds Festival.

The second headliner was revealed as Mumford and Sons, as I guessed in my last article, it was NOT the Libertines. They however were 'crowned' as T in the Park's first headliner.

Alongside the folk headliners, Bastille and Deadmau5, in my opinion two bands that will probably be high up in one of the tents, will play at the festival.

The two 'breakthrough' bands of 2014, Catfish & the Bottlemen and Royal Blood will be at Reading and Leeds. After a slot at the Festival Republic stage last year, I can guarantee that Catfish & the Bottlemen will be playing at least the NME/Radio 1 tent. It certainly wouldn't surprise me if Royal Blood get a slot on the main stage!

Others announced by Zane Lowe are Wolf Alice, Years & Years, Hannah Wants, Jack Garratt, and Pretty Vicious.

With the previously announced bands included, it is becoming a lovely mixture of acts to grace the festival.

I am missing Wolf Alice in March as it is the same night as the Vaccines so I'm glad that they've been announced at Reading and Leeds. They'll be one to watch in 2015.

There is still one (or two if they repeat a joint headliner line up again) headline slot available, who will it be?

Libertines? The Prodigy? Someone else?

It is very hard to tell but even if the band announced don't take your fancy, there are hundreds of other slots left to fill. There will always be something for everyone there.

I look forward to hearing who else is playing, I'm sure you are as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment