Wednesday 26 November 2014

Leeds Festival



Photo from Leeds Festival official website

Leeds Festival 2015 - Wishful Thinking



With the announcement of Metallica last night, I was left feeling disappointed with what could have been a fantastic end to the day.

With speculation of Foo Fighters, Libertines, the Strokes, or Blur, I would have been over the moon with any of them.

However it was rock legends Metallica that will be headlining main stage over the weekend in August. Not my cup of tea but it is certainly an amazing scoop for the festival.

With Manchester Orchestra, Pierce the Veil, and Wilkinson also announced, this announcement couldn't have got any worse for me.

If it wasn't for the fact that the back from the wilderness Jamie T being announced, there was a high possibility that Leeds Festival wouldn't be happening for me this year.

After missing Jamie T a couple of weeks ago in Newcastle I am desperate to see him. Maybe Metallica will change my opinion of them.

I was in the same situation this time last year with the Blink 182/Courteeners announcement. I hated Blink 182 but loved Courteeners, similar to my love for Jamie T and dislike to Metallica this year. Since seeing Blink 182 live they have become one of my favourite bands.

It is strange what seeing a band live can do...

I guess the rest of the line up will impress me, personally I am hoping for the likes of Tame Impala, Kasabian, Jaws, Wombats, Drowners, and others that I could continue listing forever.

My real hope though is Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds to headline. If Kasabian can headline Glastonbury (the best British festival by far) then surely NGHFB can headline Reading and Leeds? I hope so anyway...

We will have to keep alert for further announcements and I'm sure hundreds of bands will be  rumoured between now and then.

Who do you think will headline or simply just play at the festival. Let me know your thoughts on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment